Thursday, July 2, 2009

Technorati Claiming Process

I still believe in Technorati.

I know nobody uses it anymore. I know Twitter and Google and Bing and Digg and Reddit are all the rage, and that Technorati's vision of being the Google of the blogosphere has probably failed. Nevertheless, I still submit my blogs to Technorati, and I still think there's a lot of value in some of the Technorati features (such as blog responses).

Anyway, as part of the Technorati claiming process you have to tattoo a unique number on your forehead...er...I mean publish a unique number on the front your blog. Here's mine:
r3scu248ia
I have to say I definitely prefer Google's method of claiming: depositing an HTML file with a unique name somewhere on your server. The Technorati method actually requires that your assigned cookie appear on the front page, even if only temporarily.

And that's invasive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers