Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hi, I'm Stagnated Turd. Nice To Meet You.

I love word games like Scrabble and Boggle, which Wikipedia technically defines as letter arrangement games, a type of (I shit you not) Language-Predicated Educational Game, the existence of which phrase makes me question the reliability of Wikipedia editors, or at least their judgment so far as Standard English is concerned.

I recently saw Word Wars, a documentary about competitive Scrabble. That led me via Google search to Eric Lippert's post about cracking anagrams programatically, which got me to thinking about one of my favorite novelty sites, the Internet Anagram Server (which by the way is an anagram for I, Rearrangement Servant, an awesome anagram if ever there was one).

I've used the Internet Anagram Server quite a bit over the last couple years. Type in a word and it gives you all the possible anagrams for that word, including multi-word anagrams. This is how I know that my name (Daniel Stuttgard) is a perfect anagram for stagnated turd which kind of sucks but oh well. The point is that I'm pretty good at anagrams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers